Pointless trivia about me..
The guy who lives across from me, and whom I've secretly nicknamed Umbilical Cord Guy because he seems to be dependent on his mama still, came knocking on my door in the middle of the night. I was up anyway, studying for my exam, so I answered the door and asked if I could help him. He asked me if I had a credit card. I said yes. Then he asked if he could borrow my credit card and said he'd pay me back in the morning.
He's the guy who' so far failed to return a towel (that he can keep, because eww) and a lamp he's borrowed from me almost a year ago. He also comes over when he's forgotten to buy toilet paper and once he presented me with a drawing of Spongebob - in the middle of the night.
Yeah, sorry pal, but no. I clearly can't trust you with a lamp, so I'm not about to hand over my credit card.
Ooh, and I got tagged by
so in order to avoid his wrath and heavenly vengeance, I shall answer his questions. I won't tag more people, though, because that's not how I roll. I'm a rebel, I know. Fear me. No, really.
1. What's your favourite Pokemon? I...am a little too old for Pokémon, actually. The only one I really know the name of is Pikachu. Which is actually the punchline of a really terrible Danish joke. Because pik is Danish for dick. You can guess the rest, I think.
2. What's your favourite TV Drama? SHERLOCK! But I also like House.
3. Who's your favourite writer? I can't choose! There are so many good ones! Tolkien and Rowling and Susanna Clarke and Philip Pullman and Javier Cercas and Hans Christian Andersen and Stephen Fry and Federico García Lorca and Daphne du Maurier, etc etc.
4. Say something about yourself that you (or others) deem "cute". I've been told repeatedly that I'm a puppy. Which I suppose is true in that I am almost always cheerful. I get excited very easily and then I'm just bouncing off the walls and ceiling. I eat blue m&ms because they colour my tongue. Then I wiggle it at people.
5. What's your animal? Well, my parents have a dog, if you mean a pet. Spirit animal? Erm. I dunno. I'm born in the year of the tiger, according to the Chinese zodiac, and if you've ever seen the way a tiger can laze about, I suppose that's pretty accurate. I dunno about the ferocity, though. Or the whole meat-eating thing. I'm probably more like some kind of vegetarian bird. Probably a hyacinth macaw or a Blue Jay, I think.
6. What's your favourite food? Risotto with chanterelles. But also chocolate. Chocolate is good. Yeah.
7. What song do you do your funniest dance to? Eye of the tiger.
8. What do you really hate? Indifference. Being enthusiastic about something only to have people backing out of it. If they don't want to do it or are too lazy, they should say so instead of pretending and then backing out.
9. If you were a household object, what would you be? That special favourite cup you only use for tea and hot chocolate.
10. What's your favourite mode of transport? Broomstick. But I go by bike a lot. Often it's faster than going by bus, and it's certainly more convenient.
11. List 10 or more things you like about yourself.
I have a good ear for music and can usually pick apart a song or play it if I've just heard it before. I'm good at learning new songs quickly and I love singing and music generally.
I'm creative. I paint, I draw, I write, I write and arrange music, I sing and I've even made a sculpture or two. I love to create and I love to be creative with people.
I'm enthusiastic. I do the things I do because I like them and they make me happy.
I can sew. It's very practical.
I love to read. I think it's important to read.
I'm determined. I have to be or I'd never get things done. Like I run every other day without fail. Which means I've run whilst on holiday, I've run despite bleeding blisters on my feet and every winter I run during a blizzard.
I'm very lucky to have a happy disposition. I know people who struggle with mood swings and depressions, and I'm very happy not to have to go through that myself.
I have a dirty sense of humour. I regret nothing!
I'm an anglophile.
I can always sleep. It's very convenient.